Spend a weekend with Angie Heinrich for this mosaic mirror class and walk away with a beautiful finished sparkling jewel to hang on your wall.
You will learn the fundamentals of the “direct method” as we work intensively with beads and glass tile to create a textural jewel of soothing symmetry. Angie passes on the techniques she has honed over the past 20 years and through the thousands of pieces she has created using beads and glass tiles. All materials provided, including lots and lots of beads. Come to learn; come for the pure joy of creating!
You will not believe the gorgeous mosaics even first time artists are able to create. Beautiful mosaics and the happy creators that Angie has inspired over the years can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/zetamari-classes.
- How to choose beads and where to buy them
- The best adhesives to use for beads
- How to apply beads the magical way!
- How to use beads and tile together to create an intricate look and feel
- Tips and tricks on keeping all rows straight, even, and professional
- Basic cutting techniques
- Learn how to grout a highly textured mosaic
- Basic design and color considerations
- How to install mirror glass
Some students like to create larger mirrors for specific areas of their home (powder room, entry way, etc), therefore; this class allows you to choose the size you want to create. Don’t worry about finishing. Everyone always goes home with a completed mirror.
Materials Fee (choose your size):
19″ round: $125
24″ round: $175
30″ round: $250
18″ x 22″ oval: $145
22″ x 28″ oval: $225
18″ x 27″ rectangle: $225
24″ x 28″ rectangle: $260
22×26 leaf: $175
30×36 leaf: $275